10 Abbotsford Restaurants You Must Try
(in no particular order)
1. Sui Shi Ya Japanese Restaurant. Four words, ALL YOU CAN EAT. This sushi restaurant is great for the raw and non-raw fish eating folk that enjoy Japanese cuisine. Tip: All you can eat is available on weekends and holidays. Making a reservation is a must.
2. S+L Kitchen & Bar is a great place for special occasions like anniversaries, or birthdays, or, my favourite, happy hour. This place offers gluten free and vegetarian menus as well. The best thing on the menu is the Crispy local Brussels, and I don’t even like brussel sprouts! How does that happen?
3. Brodeur’s Bistro is a Cajun restaurant that offers a blend of Montreal and New Orleans Cuisine. They have the best smoked meat sandwich outside of Montreal as well as Gumbo, Shrimp po boys, catfish tacos and Jambalaya. Welcome to Flavour Town.
4. Bow & Stern has a great selection of local craft beer and is a great place for seafood lovers. Whether you’re into crab legs and butter, lobster and butter, raw oysters, shrimp (with butter shh) or fish and chips this place is for you. My all-time fave is the hot seafood plate with a little bit of everything!
5. J’s Pizza, mmmmmm pizza. They sell pizza by the slice, which is handy for a “treat yo’ self” lunch on the run. Great for a family pizza night, or a game night Thursday. Who doesn’t love a cheesy piece of pizza pie? My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
6. Greek Islands Restaurant is an Abbotsford staple. The atmosphere is fantastic for family dinners and get togethers. They set cheese on fire at your table, and then you eat it. Best part is there’s no judging, because everyone around you is enjoying the Saganaki (A.K.A. fried cheese) just like you.
7. Paliotti’s. Pasta pasta pasta baby. Bring your appetite because the portions are huge! They’ve also mastered lambchops, pizzetta (fancy Italian pizza), veal, and many other Italian dishes. The atmosphere is fabulous, when you walk in you are transported straight to Italy!
8. Restaurant 62. The ‘Fraser Valleys #1 Farm to Table Restaurant.’ To be honest, this restaurant isn’t for everyone. It is quite fancy; however, they offer gluten free corn bread and gluten free baguettes, and I understand their duck breast is worth a special trip. If fancy isn’t your thing check out the lunch menu. It has amazing soups like bacon and sweet potato bisque, sandwiches and salads all fresh from our local farms!
9. El Nopal. I know this isn’t in Abbotsford, but it might as well be. Actually, we should probably make El Nopal the Canadian embassy in Washington state (I know its not a thing, but if the world were perfect it would be). If you love Mexican food, you’ll love everything here. EVERYTHING. The highlights are the chips and salsa, pico de gallo, ENCHILADAS and the best burritos I’ve ever had. Make it a night – catch a Seahawks game being played on the many TV’s, try your luck at pull tabs or harness your inner star on karaoke night!
10. Gian’s Indian Cuisine is hard to beat. Butter chicken, lamb curry, and goat vindaloo (which is one of the healthiest meats you can eat BTW! Hello health food!) are just to name a few beloved dishes. Pakoras for days, paneer (cheese) in many different things like their drinkable butter sauce. They also offer some amazing, tasty vegetarian dishes that will make you rethink your life. Gian’s is a staple in Abbotsford for good reason.
This blog has not been sponsored by the restaurants above. The views have been brought to you by my taste buds, as well as reviews on line and chit chat around town. Below are the links to each restaurant’s website for you’re viewing pleasure.
Social Media Marketing
Post Your Comment: